cheap and good hotel midtown

Posted by Ann 
Ann
cheap and good hotel midtown
July 27, 2010 10:55AM
Hi.

I am looking for a cheap and good hotel in the center.
Or if you have some good discount homepages you can recomend?!

Thank you so much.

price is about max 170 pr night 19-26 august.
Oracle?
Re: cheap and good hotel midtown
July 27, 2010 03:44PM
If you're willing to invest a little time, read through biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com -- both sites offer advice on using priceline for hotel rooms. And betterbidding.com has a map of recent wins. I wouldn't advise bidding without doing your homework though. Priceline works best for short stays, so you might consider splitting your time, staying at two different hotels. It'll be a good way to get to know two different neighborhoods.

Also, no need to be "in the center" as everything you'll want to see is pretty spread out in NYC. As long as you're near a subway, you're fine.

Remember that taxes add about 15% to the cost of a hotel room.
July 29, 2010 11:29AM
I agree with Oracle, no need to stay midtown unless you get a steal of a deal. You will enjoy NY so much more if you stay in a real neighborhood.
August 01, 2010 02:58PM
Thanks for that info Oracle, am reasearching costs etc for next June!!!!!
Tried the Twitter offer, but it seems I was too late. So am now on the hunt for a deal in order to be there next summer. Can't wait!!
Also trying for this November, really can't miss out on the usual run-up to Christmas.
Oracle?
August 01, 2010 07:12PM
Oh, Mell, that's a bummer about the twitter offer. I can imagine those $99 rooms went quickly.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 9