midtown apartment safety

Posted by Brandi 
midtown apartment safety
June 28, 2010 05:16PM
We are visiting New York this December and are looking at an apartment near 54th at 9th avenue. Is this a safe place to stay? Would it be safe to walk back after dark? Thanks for any input.
Oracle?
Re: midtown apartment safety
June 28, 2010 06:14PM
The neighborhood is safe. But, if you're renting a vacation apt., there's a good chance it's a scam. (They're illegal here.)
June 29, 2010 02:38PM
I would agree that you should look out for scams, but short term sublets happen all of the time. I lived in multiple short-term places when I first moved to the city. While 54/9 is a decent location, Midtown East, Union Square,or Gramercy/Flatiron would be ideal,safe, and central locations for holiday activities.
June 29, 2010 08:56PM
54th and 9th is a good area with lots of great restaurants and bars. It is an underrated part of New York. I also agree that you should be careful about the booking. How are you paying? Did they want all the money up front?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 6