NY Mets - where to sit?

Posted by Frances 
NY Mets - where to sit?
April 05, 2010 06:05AM
Thinking of booking tickets for a NY Mets game in August, for my brother and his family who are making their first trip to NY, but I have no idea which seats to pick. Will they see anything from the cheapest ones? They're not great baseball fans, just want to experience the atmosphere of a game really.
Oracle?
Re: NY Mets - where to sit?
April 05, 2010 08:12AM
The problem with the cheapest seats is that they are so far from the action. We had $50 seats for a Yankees game last year, and had such a weird viewing angle that we couldn't tell which direction the ball was coming until it was caught. I wouldn't want to sit in the outfield again. And, I know there are a lot of fans of bleachers seats, I wouldn't sit out there. Also, if you're going to a day game, be sure you're under an overhang or you'll fry in the sun.

If you really want to experience great baseball atmosphere, go see the Mets' Class A affiliate team, the fabulous Brooklyn Cyclones. Any seat is good, the stadium sits right off the boardwalk in Coney Island, so the views are incredible, and the prices are good too.

Here's their August schedule:
[www.brooklyncyclones.com][v]=graphical&frm[d]=2010-06-1

Here's the Staten Island Yankees August schedule:
[web.minorleaguebaseball.com]

I'm a NY Mets fan, but a season ticket holder for the S.I. Yankees (go figure!). Their beautiful stadium is right next to the ferry terminal, so easy to get there. If your brother and his family are interested in seeing more of NY than the usual Manhattan tourist attractions, may I suggest a day in Staten Island? They could visit the Snug Harbor Cultural Center (a short bus ride from the terminal), see the gorgeous Chinese Scholar's Garden, have lunch at the fun Tugs Cafe (where you sit on the deck and watch a zillion tug boats go by), then end the evening at the ball park and ferry back to Manhattan. That would be my idea of a heavenly day! And, depending on when they're here, I'll see them at the ballpark!

[www.snug-harbor.org]

[www.rhtugs.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 24