Feb 2010 New York Wedding - Help!!

Posted by S Smith 
Feb 2010 New York Wedding - Help!!
November 26, 2009 11:39AM
Hi all!

I'm a newbie, just booked our week in America today, 3 nights in NY then 4 nights in Vegas!!

We were originally planning just Vegas but I heart NY and the deal we got was fab (staying in Westin in NY and Wynn in Vegas!!)...

Anyway reason for my post is that now we are wanting to marry in NY - how on earth do you find locations?!?! Our budget (Minister, certificate and as many photos as poss) is around 1k... In Vegas it's sooo much cheaper, and not just the $99 drive thru lol!!

We love the idea of Staten Island, but are there any other venues that just do ceremonies, as it will just be the 2 of us, so no big reception! We also love City Hall but I can't find any pics of the interior online...

Also, could a photographer be our witness? Oh and is it easy yo get the money order for all the paperwork? Sorry one last thing!! How easy is it to sort out hair / make up / flowers, can anyone recommend any?

Any ideas / tips / reviews for venues in NY would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

smiling smiley xx
Re: Feb 2010 New York Wedding - Help!!
November 27, 2009 03:46PM
hi,
I just answered your posting you made under the "staten island" thread.
November 30, 2009 07:28AM
Hi Stacy, Your budget is more than enough for an officiant and photographer. Send me a message and I'll be glad to help. As far as locations thats easy, the entire city is the perfect location. So many parks, landmarks etc....

www.newyorkcityelopements.com

[kimberlycoccagnia.blogspot.com]
December 09, 2009 06:54AM
hi there,

i am doing something very similar to you - 4 nights in new york and 3 nights in vegas!! we are getting married at the marriage bureau and our photographer will be our witness. you don't need a money order, you can pay the marriage licence fee by credit card. there are quite a few recommendations for hair, make up etc on this thread that I have found very useful: New york weddings under 1 roof

I am thinking of going to a make up counter in a department store or maybe the MAC shop for my make up and possibly Bumble & Bumble for my hair.

I am probably going to ask the concierge at the hotel for a recommendation on a florist when we get there and just order a small bouquet of roses.
December 21, 2009 10:26AM
If I may add something... Of all the weddings I have done, the most amazing bouquets have been made with flowers from bodegas. A lot less expensive too. Just a thought. Let me know if you need any assistance with anything else and also check out elopenewyork.com Cheers!

www.newyorkcityelopements.com

[kimberlycoccagnia.blogspot.com]
Oracle?
December 24, 2009 10:49AM
Those spotvogue dresses are garbage!
December 29, 2009 02:31PM
The last 2 weddings I have attended the brides rented their gowns. In fact the women and girls in my family who are in California, have a shop they all use for formal occasions. They rent everything from the dress, to the shoes, to the jewelry. My niece was even featured in her rental bridal dress for a t.v. news story.

Here is one I found in Brooklyn. I am sure there must be others, but, its only a train away. [www.fancyweddingcenter.com]

Here is an article about renting also [nymag.com]
Well I have plans to get married there tomorrow and I hope all goes well I know they have a new building I just wish I knew how the inside looked and what's the actual amount of time for the ceremony.
Oracle?
April 01, 2010 11:15AM
Here's a link to the NY Times story on the new Marriage Bureau. Their site requires (free) registration. You'll find a link to a brief video of the first wedding in the new bureau, so you can see what it looks like.

[www.nytimes.com]

I'm sure the ceremony itself will only be a couple of minutes. There's no telling how long you'll have to wait since it depends on how many couples show up tomorrow.

Here's a link to the official site so you can check the hours:

[www.cityclerk.nyc.gov]

Best of luck!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 18?
Online Users

Guests: 5