Shirley Chisholm

Posted by Kelly 
Kelly
Shirley Chisholm
January 03, 2005 06:49AM
hi Oracle,
did you hear the piece on NPR this morning about her? She died this weekend, apparently sad smiley
Kelly
Oracle
Re: Shirley Chisholm
January 03, 2005 03:13PM
I saw the news last night that she had died. My connection with her was so personal, as she was my nursery school teacher. But more than that, she was a part of our community. Many years later my mother and I would run into her occasionally, and she always remembered my mom, and knew she had been sick. She'd always ask about her. That so touched by heart because Mrs. Chisholm held that special connection to so many people. She was so ahead of her time. While she didn't attain as high an office as she might have, she did achieve so much, and I'm sure will continue to inspire many more.

Thanks for remembering!
March 29, 2010 08:34AM
Shirley Chisholm has a new web site....was the first black woman elected to Congress and the first African American to seek a major party's presidential nomination and a past Uberchic had a very well known nursery school teacher when she was growing up in New York, and her name was Shirley Chisholm.

[www.nypost.com]

[shirleychisholmproject.brooklyn.cuny.edu]

Uberchicwinking smiley
[askanewyorker.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2010 08:49AM by askanewyorker.
Oracle?
March 29, 2010 09:14AM
Thank you, Kennedy!!! Great links. We sure could use a few Unbought, Unbossed political leaders these days.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 7