b'way show ticket prices at the TKTS booth

Posted by Jay1 
I've never ever purchased tickets from the TKTS booth in times square (nor the one downtown).
Does anyone know typically how much tickets cost there?
do you think it makes a difference (as far as what tickets are available) if you go to times square or south street seaport?
Oracle?
Re: b'way show ticket prices at the TKTS booth
February 28, 2010 11:15AM
Shows are offered at various discounts, from 20% to 50% off, plus a service fee. You're better off using discount coupons from broadwaybox.com and either buying online or going directly to the box office. You avoid the line and you can select your seats.

There's no difference in going to any TKTS location, as they are all accessing the same database. The only difference is that you can buy matinee tickets the day before at the Seaport location.

You can check tdf.org to see what shows were available the prior week.
thanks for that, Oracle. I have a gift certificate to TKTS, so it looks like I'll be standing on line!
Oracle?
Re: b'way show ticket prices at the TKTS booth
February 28, 2010 02:06PM
If it's easy for you to go to the Seaport location, the lines are a lot shorter there. Although, there are separate lines at the Times Square location for musicals and plays. If you're going to choose a play, there's never much of a line.
wow, that's good to know. I would go for a play, most likely.
Well, I went for the play...I saw the play Race.
The tickets I got were orchestra, 6th row, way left.
The seats were really good and the play was great.
I went to the ticket line at south street seaport at about 1pm on saturday, and waited less than 10 minutes on line. The tickets were $62.50 each. Full price tickets would have been about $120.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 10