Update on our trip and a coupl'a questions ...

Posted by Leigh 
Just got back yesterday after awful delays due to the big snowstorm, but again, had the most fantastic time in NY! So, my questions first, just silly little ones! ..

What does the street signs that say "Raise Plow" mean...?
and .. why do guys ask for used Metro cards at Sutphin Blvd station..?

Anyway, what a brilliant trip.. Ramada New Yorker hotel was great, very clean and great, friendly staff.
*Loved* Jersey Gardens! After being a defender of Woodbury Common, I have to say I've switched allegiance!
Still can't get over how clean the streets are and how polite the people are!

Saw George from Apprentice USA in Trump Tower!

and ... get this .... was having dinner in the MollyWee pub, and met DANNY AIELLO!! How cool is that?! .. very nice man!

Thanks again New Yorkers, and *please* realise how very lucky you all are!

Leigh x x x
Oracle?
Re: Update on our trip and a coupl'a questions ...
February 27, 2010 09:48AM
Glad you had a good trip and, and even had a couple of celebrity sightings! I can answer your questions for you:

The "Raise Plow" signs alert snow plows operators that there are construction plates on the street that might be hidden under snow.

Many tourists head out of time with unused rides left on their metro cards. So it's pretty likely that the subway riders who exit at Sutphin are heading to JFK and out of NYC, so it makes sense to ask for their metro cards.
Thanks Oracle! Everything is clear now! winking smiley
Hi Leigh..

I was thinking of you the other and, and thought that you must be due to take your re-organised trip soon..and, well,I'll be darned, you've gone and come back!!

I'm glad you had a great time!! I don't think I've ever been lucky nough to spot anyone famous, apart from the AANYers...but then I am renowned for not having my finger on the pulse!

I was interested to read your views on Jersey Gardens..I might take a trip there on my next visit!
Oracle?
Re: Update on our trip and a coupl'a questions ...
February 27, 2010 01:38PM
Jersey Gardens?!?? Heresy.

[www.macys.com]

Big one-day sale today!
Oracle? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jersey Gardens?!?? Heresy.
>
> [www.macys.com]
>
> Big one-day sale today!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I missed it!!!
Hi ES! Had a fantastic time, as always! You've had *no* sleb sightings...?! What?! You really need to get out of Macys sometimes! LOL

We've been lucky enough to see Donald & Ivanka, Alec Baldwin, James Gandolphini, Daniel Radcliffe & Rupert Grint and the aforementioned George Ross and Danny Aiello (& I actually shook hands with and kissed Mr Aiello's cheek! Woohoo!) Come on ES, open those peepers!

Jersey Gdns really was worth the trip.. give it a go.

Leigh.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 4?
Online Users

Guests: 5