jfk to brooklyn in the snow - best options?

Posted by freedom 
hello--

i am taking a red eye from portland to jfk tomorrow and will be arriving at jfk at 8am on wednesday morning. there is expected to be snowfall when we arrive. i recently broke my arm and am trying to determine the easiest method for getting from jfk to park slope in brooklyn. i'm afraid the cabs will be very expensive is the weather results in bad traffic and lengthy delays and the subway will be hard for me with my broken hand. any suggestions? what's my best option?
Oracle?
Re: jfk to brooklyn in the snow - best options?
February 08, 2010 09:22PM
There is no direct subway service. You could get the Airtrain to Sutphin Blvd., where you can connect with the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) going to the Flatbush Avenue station. You can connect there for the 2 or 3 subway line to Grand Army Plaza, assuming your destination is walkable from there. Otherwise you would need to make two more transfers to the F train that stops at 7th Ave. in Park Slope.

With a broken arm? No way! Too many transfers, stairs, luggage...forget it! Take a yellow taxi, or call Carmel Limo (there's a link at the top of this page) and reserve a car. Or call your Brooklyn friends and ask for a car service recommendation (which will be less expensive than Carmel).

Good luck! The last storm missed us entirely, so cross your fingers that this storm will miss us too.
Oracle?
Re: jfk to brooklyn in the snow - best options?
February 09, 2010 08:19AM
Freedom, I apologize. I hadn't realized how much snow we're going to get tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully you'll check in with your airline. Looks like most flights are being pre-cancelled.

I wish you the best of luck, hopefully you can reschedule.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 9