First New York trip

Posted by Karina 
First New York trip
September 02, 2009 07:53AM
Hi,

I'm coming to New York for the first time ever. I'm staying with a friend, but he's going to be working during the days. I'm looking for suggestions of things to do on my own during the day.

I've already booked a 2 day pass on the Gray Line bus tour, but any other suggestions of great things to do would be great.

One thing I am definitely interested in is a day at the Outlet Malls. Are they easy to get to from Manhattan, and which are the best to go to. I'm not that much of a shopper, so I think 1 day would be enough.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Karina
Re: First New York trip
September 02, 2009 04:53PM
Karina, if you are not much of a shopper don't waste your time at a boring outlet mall. There is so much more to do. There are lots of shops that have great sales and for outlet like prices go to Daffy's or Filene's Basement. You will have much more fun walking around NY and seeing other things in addition to someshopping. Below are a couple of lists that will help you map out doing both at the same time. Have a great trip!!

[gonyc.about.com]

[nymag.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 14