Coach Ride Central Park

Posted by mike 
Coach Ride Central Park
June 02, 2007 05:13AM
I have heard, that you can do a coach ride in the Central Park. Is there anything to say about it. Where can i find it. How much does it cost and at what time can i do it? How long does it take?
Re: Coach Ride Central Park
June 02, 2007 08:29AM
Ask for Brandonsmiling smiley

[www.askanewyorker.com]
jay
June 02, 2007 05:01PM
I've done this in central park before, and I don't know that I'd really recommend it. The carriage barely takes you into the park at all, and the ride doesn't last very long, maybe 20 min. at the most. And it's $40 (or was when I did it a few years ago, could be more now) that you could spend better other ways. Don't get me wrong...the park is great and you should definately go and explore the whole park, but maybe skip the horse ride.
Oracle?
June 02, 2007 05:28PM
I'm not a big fan of the hansom cabs either. There are also human-powered pedi-cab tours, which take you further into the park. Or just get a map and explore. Or request a Big Apple Greeter (www.bigapplegreeter.org).
wondering
June 03, 2007 03:14AM
Some people think the life of a coach horse is very cruel. You should make your own decision when you see them in person. First time I saw them, I had been excited about it but then I felt very creepy when I was actually seeing what they're forced to go through every day.

I agree with Oracle, the pedicabs are a better value and more flexible.
My Boyfriend and I took one of those little buggy guys instead of the carriage. The buggy guys can drive you around the whole park and show you most of the key areas... for about an hour it's like 60 bucks... we pretty much got "handled" but we were tired of walking anyway... we went there knowing we were going to spend money so we didn't mind paying the 60!

The guy we had knew his history and he was entertaining at that! He stopped at the FRIENDS fountain (of course for him to take a break) and he took out picture and what not... he was cool. Russian guy, skinny, blonde. Don't know that it was worth it... but it was a 1st time experience.
KT(aka Karen, Daisiegee.....)
June 06, 2007 01:05PM
I personally don't think the ride is worth it, and am in the group that thinks it's a bit cruel. The fountain shown at the beginning of Friends ( if that's the one you mean) isn't actually in NYC at all, but in LA somewhere ( I think I read it was on a set )
June 06, 2007 01:10PM
Yup, the "Friends" fountain is in fact on the back lot at Warner Brothers:

[www.tvacres.com]
October 19, 2007 04:28PM
It's 'Brandon'.. See the home page for the video of the one and only, my favorite handsome cabbie... My first foray into video shooting/editing/uploading...it was a blast. Fun story!
September 01, 2009 12:13PM
mike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have heard, that you can do a coach ride in the
> Central Park. Is there anything to say about it.
> Where can i find it. How much does it cost and at
> what time can i do it? How long does it take? THANK YOU...
September 02, 2009 07:43AM
[www.centralpark.com]

[www.nydailynews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 07:46AM by askanewyorker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 19?
Online Users

Guests: 3