Coney Island

Posted by ElleM 
Coney Island
July 14, 2009 01:08PM
Hi Everyone!

What exactly is Coney Island...what is there to do? How far is it from Midtown, and is there a subway that will take you straight there? Does it have a nice beach?

Thanks!
Re: Coney Island
July 14, 2009 04:26PM
We went by Subway - Line F from Manhattan (34 Street/Herald Square), about 28 stations long drive. There are New York Aquarium, well known Cyclone and sandy beach.
We spent a half of day there
July 14, 2009 05:13PM

The WONDER WHEEL is best enjoyed at night.

I suggest not strolling too far away from the amusements and into the surrounding neighborhood at night though.

July 14, 2009 09:15PM
My most favorite place on earth! Basically you can take the N from 14th street straight to coney island. If you will be near Grand central take the 4 to 14th and transfer. (not sure where you will be located)

Its a great place to people watch, have a few coney island lagers at the freak bar and relax.[www.coneyisland.com]

Don't forget to hop on a few rides and play a few games...

www.newyorkcityelopements.com

[kimberlycoccagnia.blogspot.com]
July 15, 2009 12:09AM
And most definitely get a "Nathans Hot dog" Simply the best...
July 15, 2009 09:48AM
Wow!! Thanks everyone! I will be staying at the Travel Inn Hotel, located at 525 W. 42nd Street. Does anyone know what's the closest Subway station from there?
July 15, 2009 07:58PM
Coney island is a park and Hood in Brooklyn, NYC. Its fun if your with some one.
July 15, 2009 08:49PM
On 8th Ave, take the downtown A to West 4th Street, go downstairs and catch the F or D to the last stop - CONEY ISLAND - STILLWELL AVE.
mrvica
July 19, 2009 02:16PM
The closest Subway station for you is: 42 Street-Bryant Park - take Line F straight to Coney Island
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 9?
Online Users

Guests: 3