JFK airport to Catskill?

Posted by CalumS 
JFK airport to Catskill?
July 16, 2009 01:31PM
Hi,

I'm flying into JFK on the 18th (Saturday) and am trying to get to Catskill to stay with a relative. Obviously flying into Albany would have been a better idea but the difference in flight prices was too great. I have done a bit of searching around and it looks like there is a Trailways bus which travels from the Port Authority Bus station to Catskill.

My questions are:

a) How would I get to the Bus station from the airport? Taking into account the fact that my flight arrives at 21:10 and that I'm a stranger to travel in NY.

b) Is there an alternative to the Trailways bus? Purely to have some options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm British and have never been to NY before if that helps (or doesn't as the case may be).

Cheers
Calum
Re: JFK airport to Catskill?
July 16, 2009 04:24PM
Saying the "Catskills" doesn't say much as it covers a fairly large area.

If your goal is to get to Port Authority Bus Terminal from JFK, I'd take the NY Airport Service bus which will drop you off just outside PABT. These buses have the large cargo hold for large pieces of luggage. In personal opinion it is the way to go.
[www.nyairportservice.com]

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
July 16, 2009 04:59PM
Thanks for the reply, will the airport bus still be running in the evening? Probably a silly question.

Also I was actually meaning Catskill the town (south of Albany)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 04:59PM by (n/a).
July 16, 2009 06:39PM
Besides the Trailways bus, you can also take Amtrak from Penn Station up to Albany.

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 25?
Online Users

Guests: 6