Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Posted by Adrian 
Williamsburg, Brooklyn
December 13, 2008 03:03PM
Hey all,

So I've been hearing amazing things about some up-and-coming areas in Brooklyn, namely Williamsburg. Can anyone point me to some good resources that would help me to get to know these places a bit better? Next time I'm in NYC, I'm definitely going to stick around there to get a feel for it, and I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

I remember the only time I went to Brooklyn, I got a bit lost after getting out at Pacific Avenue and ended up on some shady blocks, hungry as hell. I eventually got to 5th avenue (I think?) and had brunch at this really nice Mexican place with a live jazz band, it was amazing. Unfortunately, I have no idea where I was!

The way I see it, if I were to move to NYC, Brooklyn is the way to go if I want to experience the artistic side of what the village/soho/etc. used to be (or so I hear). Not to mention the cheaper rent smiling smiley

Any info would be great!! Thanks a lot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 06:28AM by askanewyorker.
Re: Williamsburg, Brooklyn
December 15, 2008 08:37AM
Williamsburg is not so 'up and coming' Think Queens for cheaper rents and lots of diversity

[www.cafepress.com]

[www.freewilliamsburg.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 06:29AM by askanewyorker.
Re: Williamsburg Brooklyn
December 15, 2008 11:34AM
Yeah, WIlliamsburg is more "got up already" than "up and coming." The moderator is right. Think Queens, like Sunnyside and Woodside for "up and coming" or even better yet think Long Island City. All that said, nothing is "cheap" in NYC and that goes for Queens too.

Nonetheless, Williamsburg is a great place to explore for NYC visitors looking for off the path cool places to eat and meet. Have fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 06:30AM by askanewyorker.
Re: Williamsburg Brooklyn
July 14, 2009 06:28AM
[nymag.com]

The Billyburg Bust
A working-class neighborhood became a bohemian theme park, which in turn became a fantasyland for luxury-condo developers. Now, littered with half-built shells of a vanished boom, Williamsburg is looking like something else entirely: Miami.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 06:52AM by askanewyorker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 13?
Online Users

Guests: 5