Accommodations - Who Can Help Me?

Posted by nancepants 
Accommodations - Who Can Help Me?
July 09, 2009 12:27PM
Hello All!

My fiance and I are getting married in New York October of NEXT year (2010). We have family and friends in the wedding party that we would like to accommodate all together and are interested in finding sublet apartments or vacation apartments we can rent for a guaranteed 4 day period.

I have found endless listings of available spaces but heres where it gets tricky..

We would like to find 5 apartments that could sleep up to 6 people in each apartment and we would like them to be in the same building or at least the same area (within walking distance..accross the street, down the road, couple blocks away...that type of thing).

We are interested in Central NY if we can or the lower Central Park area as that where our ceremony will be.

Any help would be very very appreciated! I am trying to get a jump start to have a better chance of this type of availability!

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

Nancy
Oracle?
Re: Accommodations - Who Can Help Me?
July 09, 2009 01:29PM
There are endless illegal listings and outright scams for short-term holiday apartments in New York, because they're pretty much ILLEGAL here! You should be looking at "apartment-style" hotels, like the Affinia Group, Salisbury, Radio City Apts., etc.

If you send money as a deposit on an illegal apartment rental, you have no way to get your money back, and you will likely arrive in NY and have no place to stay.
July 13, 2009 09:16AM
What about Hotel Toshi? Illegal or legit?
July 13, 2009 11:12AM
I've met this Toshi character and he is a character. He owns a condo right behind Peter Lugers in Williamsburg Brookln... so if you get booked into his condo I guess it's technically legal for him to sublet rooms in his own building. But then he has a whole network of landlords he works with renting out apartments in building. That's illegal and you could get stuck somewhere unpleasant. See his reviews. Buyer beware.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 17