Best way to make a phone call?

Posted by Mary 
Best way to make a phone call?
January 18, 2009 09:00PM
Hi
I'll be in NYC in 2 weeks and I was wondering which is the best way to make phone calls to Brazil...
Is there any specific phone card you recommend?
Which is better: buy a cell phone with some "credit" our buy an Internation calls card and use the free phones on the street?

Any brands for cards/stores to buy them you would recommend?
Re: Best way to make a phone call?
January 19, 2009 05:01PM
Anybody?
January 20, 2009 02:04AM
I would buy the cell phone with some credit (they start around $20) and then purchase an International card (so many to choose from- you have to read the cards to see what the best deal is). Use the phone to make the calls via the phone card (it's cheaper than buying more cell minutes).

Phones and cards are easily available at the following stores (which are all over Manhattan): Duane Reade, Walgreens, CVS.

The reasons why I suggest this is that there aren't many pay phones left in the city and second is that hotels charge $$$ for International calls.
January 20, 2009 07:05AM
Hey Nyc_girl, thanks for the advice!
Have you ever heard about STI cards? They are really cheap but I dont know if they work with cell phones... If I buy one of these cards, can I use them with any cell phone I buy?

THank you
January 21, 2009 04:51PM
I'll stop by the store to check out the price and get back with you tomorrow!
January 27, 2009 12:53AM
Sorry for the delay Mary... been really busy in the city this week!

I stopped by 2 retail stores and found the rate to be $0.05-0.10 cents per minute when you purchase a phone card.

That's the best that I can do for you!
Carrie
January 29, 2009 06:53PM
Thank you so much Nyc_girl!!!!!!!!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 5