new York was fantastic and we got married there!

Posted by kelly149 
new York was fantastic and we got married there!
June 07, 2008 05:49PM
hi
firstly let me just say thank you to all the new yorkers out there your city was fantastic and the people too. we stayed for 5 nights in the radio city apartments which were lovely. we got married on Brooklyn bridge it was so easy just go and apply for your license pay $35 and you can be married 24 hours later.we arranged a lady called Beth Lamont to marry us for a very reasonable fee on the bridge and also booked a photographer called Beowulf sheenan whom was our witness and took many fantastic pictures (any one looking to be married in new York if you want to see some pictures that where taken just let me know through this web page.)spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
back to new York we loved it we took bus tours which i would say is a must to do we went with city tours (red buses) and done uptown, down town, Brooklyn.and a night tour. helicopter flight, central park,history museum,empire state building and much more.
we are now home with over 1000 pictures of your lovely city and 3hours of video to enjoy until we can book our next visit.
i would also like to say how useful i found this web site for many of my questions before we arrived.thanks to all that answered my questions
can t wait to return to new York in the next few years (hopefully next year if we can) many thanks >grinning smiley<
Re: new York was fantastic and we got married there!
June 09, 2008 05:56PM
Congratulations on the wedding vows!

What a whirlwind trip! Loved reading your post. So glad you were able to plan through the site. Besides the wedding (obvious) what was your favorite day, or thing you did?
June 09, 2008 07:44PM
Congratulations, sounds like a great trip, and what wonderful memories you will have of your wedding.
KT(aka Daisiegee etc)
June 10, 2008 02:14AM
Congratulations on your wedding--what a wonderful setting you chose, your pictures should be fabulous.
Oh wow!

What a great place to get married....on Brooklyn Bridge! I hope you didn't get run over by any cyclists!!!

Congratulations
November 05, 2008 04:30AM
Hello! I really enjoyed reading your message and really happy to read that Beth Lamont conducted your ceremony as she too is marrying me and my partner! We still haven't decided on a location, we marry on the 30th December, so it will be very cold! Any suggestions at all smiling smiley xx Andrea
Oh Congratulations to you and your husband, Kelly! What an *amazing* setting for your wedding! I hope you get back to NY soon, and I know you will keep some fantastic memories with you forever. I got engaged in New York and it is SO special. Best wishes to you both. x x x
November 10, 2008 12:11PM
Kelly! It's Mary! How nice to see your note -- isn't Beowulf wonderful? And he loved you guys. And of course Beth is the world's sweetheart. Beowulf just came to another couple of weddings for us this week - and one was for a couple from Germany (we held it in a guest house in Harlem), and Beowulf actually put down his camera and read the wedding poem for the couple IN GERMAN! (He also speaks Italian, Spanish, etc.) And I see that Bethie is marrying Andrea, too, in another post - so hurrah for both of you. Beth is the most amazing granny - nothing daunts her.

I was trying to think of more locations for Andrea's wedding - which is tricky at that time of year. Beth has a few nice spots she has used down by Battery Park, but it might be pretty windy, and as you know, the bridge gets PRETTY BLOWY in the middle.

Hmmm, we've also married people in a carriage in Central Park - that's kind of like Fred Astaire, I think - at least it has a roof!
Best wishes to both of you, and I hope you come back for your anniversary... Mary
November 17, 2008 08:05AM
November 29, 2008 09:28PM
I would love to see some images of your vows...
Hi Kelly,

I'm doing a video story for voanews about getting married in New York's public places.

Could you email me? I'd love to be able to use some video or still images from your wedding on the Brooklyn Bridge.

Thank you,

Carolyn Weaver
cweaver@voanews.com
January 28, 2009 05:24AM
hi carolyn

its kelly here i d love to send you some pictures of our wedding on brooklyn bridge i will e mail you some in the next few days my e mail address is

k.dickin@ntlworld.com
so we can chat properly.i loved new york and just love the fact we were able to marry on brooklyn bridge.i ll be in touch soon ps we booked our 1st wedding anniversary we going to san francisco 28th may til 1st june hoping to be standing on golden gate bridge on our date remembering brooklyn bridge!!! we still want to come back to new york in next few years it ll always be in our hearts x
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 4?
Online Users

Guests: 5