Chrystie Street Apartments Delancey Street

Posted by Holly 
Hi,

I will be travelling to New York in late October and am trying to find a place to stay. A woman from one of the hostels I mailed to gave me a mail address of a woman working for Chrystie Street Apartments who offered me an apartment on Delancey Street.
I have two questions:

1. Do you know Chrystie Street Apartments? Is this organization trustworthy?

2. Is that area safe for tourists?

Thanks for answering!

Holly
Oracle?
Re: Chrystie Street Apartments Delancey Street
September 10, 2008 03:11PM
The area is fine. Gritty, but fine. I don't know about the company though. There are so many people renting apts. illegally to tourists, I would be very careful. Do not send money in advance, you could end up losing your money and have no recourse if the apt. is being illegally rented.
Hi Holly, I am looking for an accomodation in NYC in the first half of October and I am finding some problems to get an available double room in a central zone.
Exactly like happened to you, Kate from Sutton Residence gave me the email address of this 'Hanna' who rents small apartments in the downtown.

The apts. seems very good and confortable to me, and the price seems fair as well. Hanna sent me some pics of the rooms and they are ok.

Have you tried to book yet? Has she asked any deposit?

Let me know if you have some more news about it (I will do the same).
My email is robisback[at]gmail.com

See you!
Sorry, folks, both of those are illegal apartment rental schemes. That means:

1) They may be scams which steal your money.
Even if they are not,

2) If the neighbors complain, you may be thrown out
3) You have no recourse to the law, as you are breaking the law

Get a hotel.
We were just offered the same thing as Roberto.

Unfortunately we chickened out b/c we were too scared that we'd lose our money or that someone would steal our stuff!!

Having said that, it might be completely legit, but we weren't prepared to take the risk.

It would be better if there were some kind of escrow arrangement or something.

JJ
Hi guys,

Any more word on this? I'm going through the same thing myself at the moment - was refered to Hanna by someone at Sutton Residences. The one I'm looking at is on the corner of Chrystie and Hester St.

Email me any news, or if you've heard of anyone having luck with these people! Thanks guys!

muffythecat@hotmail.com
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 5