Christmas day in new York for a Londoner and a Italian - please help X

Posted by Lindsey Grant 
Hello,

My Italian boyfriend and myself are coming to New York on Christmas Day for four days. I worried about getting from the airport on Christmas Day, do the taxis charge double time like in London? And does the subway still run on Christmas day? We're also looking for a nice place to eat I've had a quick look on opentable.com but if anyone has anywhere they've been before or can recommend I'd be most grateful. We don't mind splashing out on somewhere nice, would prefer not to have Chinese or Indian food though I love both!

Thank you so much in advance

Lindsey x
Something to remember about NYC is that at least 25% of the population is not Christian. So Christmas is not quite as big as in Europe. Taxis charge normal fares, and the subway runs on a normal holiday schedule.
There are more businesses closed on Christmas than on any other day of the year, but the subway definitely runs (slower, holiday schedule). Cabs won't charge more, but there will be fewer cabs on the road. My advice to visitors on Christmas is to make sure you have a plan (and reservations) for that day...for restaurants, shows, even movies...book them in advance, because you'll be competing with many, many others. Here's a link of restaurants open on Christmas. The two at Rockefeller Center are on level with ice skating rink below the Christmas tree...doesn't get more NYC-during-the-holidays than that.

[gonyc.about.com]
Best, Robert
Thank you so much, and for the link I'm going to have a look now.

Lindsey
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 9?
Online Users

Guests: 4