Jersey city area

Posted by Tina 
Tina
Jersey city area
March 03, 2008 09:44PM
If you aren't tired of visitors asking about areas, can we ask about yet another one? Is a Jersey city B and B (Mont Morris - not sure if that's the areas or not) a good place to stay for a short first time visit to your great city. It's located at West 120th Street (between Lenox and Fifth Avenues). We'll be wanting to spend most of our time in Manhattan, so also wondered how accessible this is; ease of travel at night and all of that? Our alternatives are to stay In Chelsea and we're also considering Brooklyn (flatbush?), but that sounds as though it's rather far. thank you New Yorkers!! And thanks for the bargain shopping info in your other posts.
Red
Re: Jersey city area
March 03, 2008 09:47PM
That isn't in Jersey City. That's in Harlem, in Manhattan. Very easily accessible, near a few major subway lines.
Tina
March 04, 2008 05:49AM
Thank you. We obviously had very wrong information.
Tina
March 04, 2008 05:58AM
I just realized I'd posted an incorrect ddress - the B and B is apparently 7/10 of a mile to the Journal Square Path Train stop which they tell us takes us directly into Manhattan within ten minutes. It's on Mercer Street, six blocks to Bergen Ave. But at $36 a night, I'm seriously sceptical.
March 04, 2008 09:06AM
Sounds pretty fishy to me. Having looked at the location on Mapquest it also seems a pretty long walk to the Path train. I don't know about the area but I can ask a few people I know who live over that way. I used to live not far away at Pavonia Newport and that was safe but there were pockets of bad areas all around there.
Red
March 04, 2008 09:20AM
I'd actually call Pavonia/Newport WORLDS away from that part of JC. But I don't know enough about that specific neighborhood to say more.
March 04, 2008 09:41AM
Pavonia Newport is the next Path stop from Journal Square before you get to Manhattan. When I checked Mapquest it showed Mercer Street not far from Newport Mall and I lived just near there for a short time nearly 5 years ago, apart from the mall there is absolutely nothing over there, it was utterly boring.
Red
March 04, 2008 10:55AM
The address she's giving is on the other side of the Turnpike. Jersey City east of 78 and west of 78 are pretty different neighborhoods, no?
March 04, 2008 12:11PM
Well in Jersey City few area are not that well connected.
Honestly if you are going to spend most of your time in the City. Its better to be very near. More time to explore.
You could try Vacation rentals website for lodging.
Tina
March 04, 2008 07:59PM
Thanks everyone for your helpful information and comments. With this info and some more research, we'll bite the bullet and stay in Manhattan ... your advice and info has been great ... Thanks for your help.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 16