Cost of Living

Posted by JulesRules 
Cost of Living
March 04, 2008 07:25AM
Hi!

I wonder whether you could tell me something about cost of living in New York, other than housing.
In The Netherlands I pay for groceries about 360 dollar per month for a single person (235 euro's).
I'm asking as I'm trying to calculate my budget for coming to NY in the summer months.

thanks,
Re: Cost of Living
March 04, 2008 08:44AM
The link at the bottom is more housing related...but you probably want a metro card and that will run you....$81

NEW YORK, NY March 02, 2008 —Subway and bus fares gave gone up. As of 12:01 this morning, a monthly metrocard costs $81 dollars -- a $5 increase. The 7-day pass goes up a dollar to $25. A new 14-day unlimited metrocard is being introduced today. That'll cost you $47. The base fare remains $2, and the express bus fare is still $5.

Port Authority bridge and tunnel have also gone up, from $6 to $8 dollars. A one-way PATH train ticket now costs 25 cents more. Metro-North and Long Island Rail Road fares went up Saturday.

[www.askanewyorker.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2008 08:53AM by askanewyorker.
Re: Cost of Living
March 04, 2008 04:22PM
Thanks!
Any idea on groceries as well?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 11?
Online Users

Guests: 7