Gift = Trip to New York

Posted by bailey 
Gift = Trip to New York
February 03, 2007 10:45AM
My wonderful boyfriend is taking me to New York for my Christmas present. He has left all the hard (but fun) work to me ie where to stay. we are thinking about April or May and wish to stay in a 3/4 star for 4 nights. Whis is the best / more expesive time to visit, any tips re. booking is it best to book fligt seperate and the hotel or as a package? Any help would be appriciated.
KT(aka Karen, Daisiegee.....)
Re: Gift = Trip to New York
February 03, 2007 01:38PM
Re the separate/package thing. I've done both and bargains can be had both ways. BA have a sale on at the moment( flights have to be booked by Tuesday) but the prices are great.
February 05, 2007 02:31PM
I wonder if the sale is good going to you from herespinning smiley sticking its tongue out I need to check!
Oracle?
February 05, 2007 06:59PM
Check into using priceline for the hotel. It's worth spending a bit of time learning about how it works. Read up on biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com. There are strategies for getting bargains at some wonderful 4* hotels.

Once you've got your flights and hotel sorted out, you can start planning all the fun stuff.

Pretty fabulous boyfriend you've got!
Re: Gift = Trip to New York - greenwich village?
February 10, 2007 04:06AM
Thanks for advice. I am still trying to find a good deal theres so much choice. Can't decide between April or May as think weather is more dependable in May and would like to see and do as much outside as we can. Also not sure which area to stay in. Have heard Greenwich village is a good place, but if we are out for dinner in the evening somewhere else is it ok to get tube back or is taxi advisable??

I know so many questions but its New York I want my trip to be perfect!
February 10, 2007 05:09AM
Hi, I always find booking on expedia the best way to book and especially for New York. I checked the same package on Kuoni and Expedia for the same hotel, same flights etc and we would have saved over £1000 per couple if we booked on expedia!! Good look, I'm off in 9 days hooray x
Oracle?
February 10, 2007 08:57AM
The Village is a great area, there aren't many hotels there though. Friends stayed at West Eleventh Townhouse, and liked it. There are a couple of other B&Bs, too. Abington Guest House is frequently mentioned. You'd have to check the hotel reviews on tripadvisor.com. There are also Candid Traveler Photos.

Our public transit system is excellent, so you can easily get around from just about anyplace.

May is usually nicer, weather-wise.
February 16, 2007 11:23AM
Thanks everyone. I have been looking at expdedia. Hope to book flight and hotel this week.Have taken aboard all answers. Can't wait.
February 20, 2007 03:28PM
Dont touch Expedia!! If you must use a package group use Airline Network. There the best to use for a package but Id book the flight and hotel seperate. My tip for New York is to book central ie Time Square area. Dont go to over board with the hotel though - id go for a 3star... maybe the Milford PLaza. central, nice hotel, close to Time Square and close to mayn good irish bars!!!

Enjoy!!!! Definitley go to Greenwich Village though. Ive been to NYC for the last 10 years now and only been to the village for the last 2. Cant believe we missed it for so long!!!
February 20, 2007 08:35PM
We have used Expedia many times and never had a problem. Also the Milford Plaza does not have a good name and is in a very noisy area.
February 25, 2007 12:34PM
Thanks everyone.Have noted all comments. Still looking so many places can't make up my mind. Can't wait though!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 25?
Online Users

Guests: 4