I miss my AskaNYers!!!!!!!

Posted by Krissi 
Krissi
I miss my AskaNYers!!!!!!!
January 23, 2007 07:52PM
Ohmigosh......

So, I'm on AskanNyer.com and considering I haven't been on in ages, decide to "search" for my name just to see what my old posts are. And to my shock I realize: people actually remembered me!

Salsa, Marea, Daisiegee, etc (and of course mods), I wanted to let you guys know that I honestly appreciate people saying "Where the f is Krissi?", lol!

Long story short, lost my job this August and and had to drop out of grad school at Columbia (v. sad). But no worries! Cause I've decided to leave the corporate world. I'm a bit older now (and hopefully wiser) and I look forward to a future in NYC raising kids (and not worrying if I'm gonna lose my corporate job!) so I've decided to go to CUNY Hunter to become a HS guidance school counselor (yeah, I know, Ms. Manhattan Club World is gonna help your kids, haha!)

But seriously, I've been looking for something more helpful than PR, and I think I may have found it in counseling.

I'm still in the UES, but my husband (shhhh! we eloped!!! No one knows!!!) and I are planning to move to Queens in a few years. (any ideas on what neighborhood???)

Anyhoos, I hope you all are doing well. I really hope to be more active on AskaNewYorker.com, and have always been preaching its abilities when I can't answer a question on NYC! But my expertise has changed; haven't gone clubbing in quite a bit! Now I'm more into dining, music, and chill bars.

Please, let me know what's been new on the website and new in your lives. You guys are a gem! And I promise to log in more!

Hugs,
Krissi :-)
KT(aka Karen, Daisiegee.....)
Re: I miss my AskaNYers!!!!!!!
January 24, 2007 01:22AM
(Whispering..... congratulations!!!!!!!!) I think you'll make a terrific counsellor, and wish you and you other half all the best. It is so good to see you back here, no one knows the club scene quite like you. I was in NY last week, hit a few bars ( far too old for clubs), and stayed on the UES...I may have passed you on the street.
January 24, 2007 01:40AM
Gosh you have been busy. Congrats on your ssshhhhh elopement, how romantic. Good to see you back.
January 24, 2007 10:39AM
We missed you and welcome back!! Kelly and I moved to 46th street aka Bliss Street in Sunnyside, Queens. Definitely we can give you the inside scoop on hood. You need to come out and visit! Interesting possibilities are in the works for future exciting changes on AANYer. As you can see we've added a New Yorker Video Profile soon all videos archived, hopefully nexted week.Congratulations sshhhsmiling smiley
January 24, 2007 06:38PM
KRISSI!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!drinking smiley Didn't mean to shout so loud, just very happy for you and the Mister, and happy to see you back!

High School kids need hip no nonsense people guiding them, you will be tops. Thanks for joining the ranks of those nearest and dearest to my heart. I love our high school, and I guess I am addicted as we will be having a young man from Germany attend there for a semester next year.
Oracle?
January 24, 2007 07:42PM
Welcome back!! You have been seriously missed. I'm so happy for you, the new direction (and new relation!) in your life sounds like the right thing. But you'll still be the source of all knowledge of "the scene."

Salsa says it exactly right... I wish I had a counselor as hip as you way back when I was in high school. Lucky kids.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 12?
Online Users

Guests: 14