recent trip

Posted by Julie 
recent trip
July 04, 2006 06:59PM
Hi New Yorkers,

Well, this last trip I took in May was not by myself--I brought my mom with me.

We had the best time!! Ellis Island and the Lower East side Tenement Museum were the highlights of her New York trip. I had been to both already but was pleased to visit them again. I highly recommend the Tenement Museum to anyone visiting New York. It is a great experience (both guides I have had were wonderful) full of history and a real eye opener to the experience of people who travelled from far away to live in America. Just be sure to call ahead for you need to make a reservation for the tour. Walked up the street to Katz deli and had an amazing lunch. I've been to Carnegie deli also, but I think I like Katz deli a little better, maybe it's the neighborhood, I don't know.

I took mom to the three Italian neighborhoods that I know about--18th Ave. in Brooklyn--Arthur Ave. in the Bronx and, of course, Mulberry Street. We had a good time soaking up the local culture.

We of course did the others--Empire state building, Macy's, Statue of Liberty, but, I am pleased to report, as always, New Yorkers treated us so well!! Everywhere we went we ran into friendly, helpful people!!

I can't wait for my next visit.
Always, Julie

Re: recent trip
July 05, 2006 07:00AM
Julie,Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you and mom painted the town...Agree with your Katz assesment. Curious how far was the museum to the deli?
Tim
July 05, 2006 04:15PM
Glad you had a good time
July 06, 2006 01:14AM

Hiya Tim...you're still lurking then..?? This site is quite addictive isn't it?
Tim
July 06, 2006 01:24PM
this site is very addictive i have been ofline for a while as my wi fi has been down, and i like passing my experiences and knowledge of the city for others.
July 08, 2006 09:44AM
I love that you went to Italian neighborhoods in three boroughs. Astoria used to have a large Italian community too. I remember great bakeries and Italian butchers. Red would know if they're still around.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 7?
Online Users

Guests: 8