Car or Cab?

Posted by Bonnie 
Car or Cab?
May 17, 2006 07:41PM
I am flying into JFK and am wondering which is better (cheaper) to take: a towncar service or cab? I am going to the
W New York 541 Lexington Avenue between 49th and 50th Street

Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!
Re: Car or Cab?
May 17, 2006 07:48PM
If you meet the car outside, it will be about the same price as a taxi and will be more comfortable.
May 23, 2006 02:38PM
I used a towncar from the airport and a taxi to the airport. Much preferred using the towncar. Much more comfy and a better driver too. More brains thats for sure.
May 29, 2006 01:57PM
I'd say Cab because it's faster & cheaper. We once took a towncar & it was more expensive & we had to share it with another person.
May 29, 2006 03:14PM
You should never have to share a car service town-car with another person. What company was that?
May 30, 2006 11:23AM
I tried Lincoln Limosine. They said they'd have a driver waiting for me with a sign, but 30 min after my flight got in, there wasn't anyone there to meet me. So I called them and they said thy'd be sending a car around. It never came. Either that or they sent some beat up old buick with some scary man inside. I took a cab and paid 45 +tip. At 12 midnight I no longer cared. On my way back to JFK, I took the Super SHuttle for 17 dollars. I think that is how I will travel from now on to and from the airport. Besides, Id' rather spend my money shopping than on a car ride that doesn't show up. Live and learn I guess.
June 03, 2006 09:57AM
I must warn you about Super Shuttle. They're o.k. to take From the airport, but never take them To the airport. Last time I did, I left two EXTRA hours and still ended up running to my gate with seconds to spare. Never again. Not only did it take two hours to get there, but the driver kept getting lost along the way. I've heard too many horror stories of drivers abandoning the vans for half an hour to go find directions or even get coffee. And they always stop for gas on your time. The airport buses from midtown are the most reliable.
June 05, 2006 04:12PM
The airport shuttles are reliable, and most people don't realize you do not have to be a hotel guest to use them. Where I live they are much cheaper than a cab.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 5?
Online Users

Guests: 6