Tourist but not really

Posted by Ann, Ireland 
Tourist but not really
December 15, 2005 04:51AM
Hi there

I have been in NY numerous times and have done all the main touristy things.. I am due to go over on the 28th Dec for ten days for New Year's eve and a christening..

Can you give me any suggestions of cool, local things to do?

Thanks in advance...

Slán,

Ann

KM
Re: Tourist but not really
December 16, 2005 06:59AM
Chumblys in the West Village is classic. A local hangout. Since your last visit they opened the top of Rockefeller Center, The Top of the Rock, The views are stunning. Do you like Art?

141 Wooster between Houston and Prince is a place called the Earth Room. The oldest installation in the city in the heart of Soho. You gotta put your 'I can find it' radar on. It's a non descript building no sign. Well worth the adventure. Then ask the single protector of earth where Walters other gem can be found. It's right around the corner. It's really fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2005 11:26AM by KM.
December 17, 2005 09:49AM

Hello, I'm also coming next week! We want to ice skate. Can you rent skates at Rockefella Center? Do you know how much it is to skate and how much to rent ice skates? Thank you. Do they have men's hockey skates?
Jean
December 17, 2005 01:21PM
December 17, 2005 03:16PM

I would concurr with KM.

Mell and I did the Rock on a clear beautiful Sunday Morning, and the views will leave you breathless, and are breathtaking, awesome, fantastic, brilliant, ...even the lift ride is awesome...
We were incredibly lucky because the weather was gorgeous, and we had an unrivalled views....and it wasn't busy either...but then I did drag Mell up first thing in the morning (I think that was the day she didn't have a hangover!!)

I'd recommend the Rock to any visitor, but buy your ticket in advance...save queuing up....!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 5?
Online Users

Guests: 7