Moving to NYC

Posted by Soy Latte 
Moving to NYC
May 30, 2005 12:20PM
Hello all you lovely New Yorkers! My name is Nik and I am moving to Manhattan on the 15th of June. I have an apartment on East 94th between 1st and 2nd. First I am wondering where to look for a job. I would LOVE to work for some kind of publication but I realize that may not happen. Where can I apply for, say, a receptionist/assistant position in an office?
2nd- My girlfriend is not moving with me but she recently has begun considering it. She IS coming with me for 5 days and I'm wondering what I can do for those 5 days to give her a taste of the best of NYC. I NEED to convince her to move here!

Let me know what you think.

Nik
Kelly M
Re: Moving to NYC
May 30, 2005 01:15PM
that's great Soy Latte! I was looking at the job section of the New York Times today and it seems like there are a lot of administrative jobs open. You are going to love NYC, but just keep in mind that it might be a little rough at first, getting used to it. I don't know where you are from, but NYC is going to be an adjustment for most people. stick around here and you will get lots of good advice.
Ben
May 31, 2005 07:41AM
Oh I remember the day vividly when I arrived. What a rush. 9 years latter and I'm still as crazy about this place as ever albeit experieced with several stripes and close to my first star. (military lingo) I landed in Alphebet city off of Thomkins Square Park. Diversity. So Nik your on your way. One word. Routine. Find one. This city sucks em up and spits them out. 'I'm a shattered, bite the big apple don't mind the maggots...good for you for grabbing an apartment, now its time to fly. Good luck
September 09, 2005 06:44PM
Soy Latte Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello all you lovely New Yorkers! My name is Nik
> and I am moving to Manhattan on the 15th of June.
> I have an apartment on East 94th between 1st and
> 2nd. First I am wondering where to look for a job.
> I would LOVE to work for some kind of publication
> but I realize that may not happen. Where can I
> apply for, say, a receptionist/assistant position
> in an office?
> 2nd- My girlfriend is not moving with me but she
> recently has begun considering it. She IS coming
> with me for 5 days and I'm wondering what I can do
> for those 5 days to give her a taste of the best
> of NYC. I NEED to convince her to move here!
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Nik

NIk;
This post was back in June, it's now Sept.
Would you be kind enough to send me an update on your move to NYC?
I'm returning for my 2nd trip in April 2006 and there's a remote possibility of moving there in the future.

I'd be very interested in hearing details of your move.
You can contact me at jsmith27379@triad.rr.com
thanks
Jeff
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 4?
Online Users

Guests: 10