Hi from an "uberchic" cheap eater!

Posted by Viv 
Viv
Hi from an "uberchic" cheap eater!
August 31, 2005 05:29PM
Hi everyone,

I met Kennedy last week and he made me September's Uberchic. He told me I should come on over to the forums and introduce myself, too! I just wanted to say hi. You can read more about my cheap-eating adventures in the interview:

[www.askanewyorker.com]

I'm happy to chime in with free restaurant advice if anyone's looking for some tips... I'd love to hear about your own secret spots, too! Anyone?

Oh, and if you're interested in more info about my Cheap Eats dining club, let me know. It really is a fun way to get out and meet some new people. You can get on the dining club announcement list by sending an email to: NYC-CheapEats-subscribe (at) yahoogroups (dot) com

Bye for now,
Viv
Re: Hi from an "uberchic" cheap eater!
September 01, 2005 09:24AM
Welcome to askanewyorker Viv, I wish that I had known about your dining club while I was living in New York, it sounds like a great way to meet people. I joined The Lunch Club which was wonderful but your club sounds different again.
Michelle
September 01, 2005 08:19PM
We don't need your advice. We have Zagat for that.
Red
September 01, 2005 09:14PM
That's rude, Michelle, and besides, Zagat doesn't cover the under-$10 zone much. Anyway, Viv is not only an entrepreneur bringing information to the city, but she's also a hottie - a prime Uberchic.

I wanna know if she has any plans to cover the REST of the city. The guide right now seems to cover "out of towner's New York" - the chunk of Manhattan frequented by tourists. What about upper Manhattan and the other 4/5?
Viv
September 04, 2005 12:36AM
Hey, thanks Red, you're sweet.

To answer your question, the guide currently goes up through Harlem. I had to draw the line somewhere, or I'd never have finished! I'll definitely have to add some restaurants in Inwood and Washington Heights for the next edition. As for the other boroughs, I'd love to make a project of Brooklyn and Queens. I admit I haven't spent much time in Bronx or SI (uh oh - does that make me a tourist?) but I'm always up for exploring.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 4?
Online Users

Guests: 9