broadway shows? (off-broadway too)

Posted by zliz24 
broadway shows? (off-broadway too)
July 06, 2005 02:39PM
Hello

Going to NYC for honeymoon in late Nov/early Dec (1st time there). We would love to go see a show.

Where can I find information on what shows are going on during our stay there and what "ratings" the shows have? We really wouldn't know what's good and what's not. We were also thinking of the rockettes christmas spectacular, but not sure. So it's either the rockettes or broadway play (or musical), not both (the budget won't allow both).

Thanks!!
Betoracle
Re: broadway shows? (off-broadway too)
July 06, 2005 03:13PM
The Radio City Chrismas Spectacular sells tickets a year in advance!
[www.radiocity.com]

For info on Broadway and off-Broadway, go to www.playbill.com to see what's on. Most will not sell that far ahead though.

Also check www.broadwaybox.com to see what discount apply. This is a great option, particularly for long-running shows. Whether you go through broadwaybox or playbill, you're still directed to the same secure ticket agents' sites (usually telecharge or ticketron) to buy your tickets.
July 06, 2005 03:16PM
oops, i had no idea they sold so far in advance! i guess rockettes are out!

thanks for the other links.
Betoracle
July 06, 2005 03:18PM
I'm sure they've got lots of tickets left!
July 06, 2005 03:20PM
are the rockettes a must do? or should we go for a broadway show? I'm leaning more towards broadway...

thanks!
Broadway vs Rockettes... I would say it depended on what show you were interested in, and I would weigh how likely you are to see that show where you live.

We live in a great theatre town, and I would have opted to not spend my money on the theatre in NY (unless there was a big name star I wanted to see, like James Earl Jones), but my daughter wanted to see a musical.

We did Broadwaybox.com and it was great. Subscribe now, and you can get a feel for how often the discounts come up, not to mention know whats playing, and the plot. The discounts are pretty big, and I would go that route rather than the ticket booth at Times Square where you don't know until that day what you "get to" see. You are also given the option to pay full price if there are no discounts for the show you want, on the night want.
I went to the Rockettes Xmas show last year and loved it, so New York. We figured that we may not be in New York again at Xmas so we made it a must.
Testing
AANYER
August 19, 2005 08:27AM
Getting rid of spam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2005 08:33AM by askanewyorker.
Do the Rockettes it is wonderful, the wife will love it, you may not be in NYC again around x-mas a great way to spend your time
August 25, 2005 05:52AM
First thing you can be 99% sure that the big musicals like: Chicago, Phantom of the Opera, Spamalot... we'll still play when your coming over. You better just wait a bout a month a month and a half before your trip and check the net to see what shows are on. Or better yet go over to [www.broadwaybox.com] and signup for there newsletter so you'll get weekly updates about new shows and new discount codes smiling smiley
Below is the special that broadwaybox.com is offering. I just got their update on all specials this morning.

Christmas Spectacular-The Rockettes

Tickets just $50, 29% savings !
Code: SAVE8 Expires: 1/2/2006
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 4