Train Survey

Posted by daveman 
Train Survey
August 13, 2005 09:57AM
I recently read the train survey in the Post. They say the N is one of the worst lines. I was wondering what people think of the N train and the 7 train. I live right off the 7 line, but will take N sometimes as well. How long to go from 40th st Lowery to Grand Central or Port Authority? How is the service rush hour and late nite? Is the bus line more practical than the train from that area of Queens? Thanks for the help.
Red
Re: Train Survey
August 14, 2005 05:32PM
From 40th to GCT on the 7 train? 10 minutes. And that train comes constantly. Like, so often it's ridiculous. The major problem with the 7 is that sometimes they take it out of service for an entire weekend, and then you have to switch to the N at Queensboro Plaza. But settle in and get used to it, because buses from Sunnyside to Manhattan are just not an option.
markr
Re: Train Survey
August 16, 2005 10:46AM
I use the N to get to and from work (Atlantic Ave. to Times Square and back). I do not have any problems with it, although it could be kept cleaner (which is one of the reasons it got the bad review in the article, I believe) but it doesn't impress me as being any worse than the R or Q, which received better marks. The N carries as many interesting New Yorkers as the next line so I can people watch if I like, and the light is sufficient for me to read. The Q has given me more fits than the N in regards to delays and the like. Understanding the conductor; this is a challenge for all the trains I have mentioned.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 15