Apartment in NYC !

Posted by Divyang 
Apartment in NYC !
June 18, 2005 03:34AM
Hi
I'm visiting NYC in the second half of october this year, and planning to stay for a month,I' single 25 M, I was thinking about renting a place there, I was thinking bout Soho, Tribbecca or villege, will I find a cool place for 500 bucks a month there, or will I have to throw a couple o hundred more. How is this brooklyn area, I can give it a thought too, But would like to stick to the first preference. Another thing, how will be the weather then in the second half of October? Could squeeze in a roommy.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank You.
Divyang
Bo
Re: Apartment in NYC !
June 18, 2005 03:32PM
Where are you from?
Red
June 18, 2005 06:40PM
$500? As we say here, you gotta be kiddin' me.
June 19, 2005 05:16AM
Ditto Red, he has to be kidding.
Leo
June 21, 2005 03:12PM
In Manhattan, for $500 you can only rent a hole similar to the one Saddam was found in. Studio would run you at least $1200 anywhere in Manhattan. You can find a studio for $700-800 in Brooklyn 40-50 min by Subway from Midtown Manhattan (say, Midwood or Kings Highway). "Cool" and "trendy" areas of Brooklyn like Cobble Hill, Park Slope and Clinton Hill would cost 200-400 more than that.
June 21, 2005 10:14PM
Be realistic. A rental would be better no doubt. You would be stretched to find a hotel room for less than $100 per night and a decent one for less than $150 so you are on the right path with the rental but remember we aren't Kansas City (no offense to KC) so rent is very different here. If you want to pay $500 a month you picked the wrong city. Look at Craigslist and you will get a better idea. TriBeCa is a trendy area of NYC so there is a premium for it. You would be hard pressed to find a place less than $1300-1500 down there. Craigslist will make your budget more realistic though.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 18?
Online Users

Guests: 8