New York Visit this July.

Posted by martin 
New York Visit this July.
May 20, 2016 04:22PM
My Wife and I are visiting New York again in July. Last year when we were in New York, we did an 8-hours tour with Grey Line. This time we were thinking of the Hop-On-Hop-off bus tour, and getting one for 3 days. Is this am good idea, or are there any better ways to see some more of New York. We are in New York for 8 days. Thanks
Martin
Re: New York Visit this July.
May 30, 2016 07:53AM
Hi Martin
I think that's a great idea the hop on hop off
Grey line bus. It gives you the flexibility to investigate any given neighborhood you might find interesting with further exploring by foot.
A day trip to Fire Island would also be cool.
Any interest?
July 02, 2016 03:05PM
Thanks, where is Fire Island? Is it cheap to travel bus in New York? Travelling my subway, you don't see much.
Martin
July 02, 2016 04:33PM
Is it possible to visit the Statue of Liberty and Liberty Island on your own without doing a tour? Thanks
Martin
July 06, 2016 06:17AM
Hi Martin Fire Island is one of my favorite Day trips. It's quite easy to get to using the Long Island rail. Depending which town you choose to visit it's approximately 2 to 3 hour travel time. It's a sliver of an island that's parallel to Long Island no cars allowed. There is quite a few towns and villages on the island about 10 or so each with their own flavor. The colorful
gay community called The Pines to Watch Hill which is my favorite - the most isolated with a quiet marina a gorgeous boardwalk snaking through a lush marsh. There's a family area at the end of the boardwalk
but just east as far as you can see are the most pristine dunes and beach practically empty. Stunning!
The metro card also works on the bus.smiling smiley
Regarding visiting the Statue of Liberty the only alternate experience would be to jump on the Staten Island ferry which you probably know is free but other than that yes going to liberty Island and or Ellis Island are done through tour boats
July 06, 2016 07:18AM
Hi,
Thanks. We have arranged a visit to Liberty and Ellis Islands, and also planning on a trip to Staten island. We intend using the bus as much as possible, as that way we will see more.
Martin
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 25?
Online Users

Guests: 8