New York visit.

Posted by martin 
New York visit.
June 19, 2015 03:34PM
Hi,
Just joined this forum. My Wife and I will be visiting New York in November this year, for 5 days. We would like to see as much as we can, but where do we start. Want to go to Ground Zero, and Strawberry Fields and the Dakota Building. thanks
martin
Re: New York visit.
June 25, 2015 06:33AM
Hi Martin
November is wonderful time to visit. Those landmarks 9 11 Memorial. Strawberry Fields, Dakota Building are easily seen.
In terms of taking in the city I always recommend starting at the southern tip of the island at South Ferry and take the Statan Island Ferry across the harbor. From here you have a spectacular view of Lower Manhattan and a birds eye view ofThe Statue of Liberty. And it's free!! if you hide in the bathroom or pretend like your sleeping you don't have to get off the ferry otherwise you get off and wait for approx 15 min
So after you have arrived back to South Ferry now the trek begins. Walking is the best way to see any city especially NYC
from South Ferry yours 20 min walk to Ground Zero. But first you can take a pic with The Bull and and walk trough Wall Street....
Enjoy!!! Be happy to answer any other questions you may have..
June 25, 2015 09:41AM
Hi,
thanks very much for that information.
Martin
June 25, 2015 04:02PM
Hi,
We are staying at the Yotel Hotel, would it be easy to get from there to Brooklyn, by subway or bus. Which would be the best way to go. Trying to see as much as we can in the time we are in New York.
Martin
July 20, 2015 07:00AM
yes, easy to get to brooklyn.
you'll be on 10th ave, and you will need to walk over to 8th ave to get the subway.
depends where you want to go in brooklyn...lots of the trains will go to brooklyn.
I suggest a visit to brooklyn heights - you would take the A train to High St.
July 20, 2015 12:07PM
Hi,
Thanks. Just would like to see Brooklyn as well, as I said, trying to see as much as we can in the time, if we do not see everything we will just have to visit New York again.
martin
July 29, 2015 02:30PM
Williamsburg, Brooklyn is another good neighborhood to see, very popular.
Take the A train down to 14th St and from there take the L train towards brooklyn to Bedford Ave, and you'll be right in the middle of it.
July 29, 2015 03:23PM
Hi,
Thanks very much for that information, I am sure we will have a great time in New York.
Martin
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 21