Question about Eighth Avenue in theater district before the cleanup

Posted by rlrl2015 
Question about Eighth Avenue in theater district before the cleanup
February 19, 2015 06:11PM
Ive been curious about this for a long time but nobody seems to know. We all remember that Eighth Avenue from the Port Authority to about 50th street was known as the "Minnesota Strip". Known for Prostitution, pimps, hustlers, drug dealing, drug pushers, criminals, muggers, alcoholics, especially in the area close to the Port Authority. I remember going to a Greek Restaurant between 43rd and 44th and it was hookers, hookers hookers all around. Could barely open the door.

my main question: BEFORE THE TIMES SQUARE CLEANUP up by 47th street by the Biltmore property, the firehouse, the Ramada Inn and Blarney Stone at 48th and the big parking lot between 49th and 50th street-- was it also heavy with prostitution and criminals as 43rd and 44th streets or was it tamer? there was also a lot of XXX places up there as well.

in the past during the few times that I passed thru there it seemed quiet and i didn't see anything going on except for one time between 47th and 48th--hustling and lots of junkies.

if anyone worked around that strip and remembers it could you describe it please

thanks for reading

rlrl
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 15