Will I be safe at night at 35 E. 125th St in Harlem

Posted by Long Islander 
Hello. I want to go to a job fair located at the above address at the Harlem Children's Zone. However, it's at night (6pm-9pm) and it's advised not to drive there because there is limited parking. I figure I'd take the LIRR into Penn and take a cab there. Is the area safe at night? Will I be able to get a cab back?

I'm very nervous but would still like to go to the job fair.
Re: Will I be safe at night at 35 E. 125th St in Harlem
March 10, 2014 01:43PM
There's nothing to be nervous about. You should have no problem getting a taxi, but the subway is cheaper, easier, much quicker, and very safe. The subway entrance for the #2 is a block away, and it'll get you to Penn Station in about 15 minutes. Just be sure to cross to the other side of Lenox Avenue for the Downtown #2. (The #3 stops there too, but doesn't always stop at 34th Street/Penn Station, so it's easier to just get the #2.) If you're unsure, just ask any one of the hundreds of people on the street!

It sounds like you haven't been to that neighborhood. Why not go early and explore? The Studio Museum is right nearby and frequently has wonderful exhibits. And there are some excellent restaurants nearby. Before you rush back to Penn Station, stop by Red Rooster, or Sylvia's.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 19?
Online Users

Guests: 17