Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

is 5th Avenue Spot safe (hostel) 35 West 126th Street

Posted by david crossan 
is 5th Avenue Spot safe (hostel) 35 West 126th Street
May 05, 2008 06:47PM
hi there

i am a white man who is thinking about staying in the above hostel- is that area safe as i have been told not to go there

thanks in advance
Re: is 5th Avenue Spot safe (hostel) 35 West 126th Street
June 17, 2008 06:19PM
Harlem is safe and has a nice vibe but the hostel leaves much to be desired
October 19, 2008 11:03PM
I agree with Stephanie... It's a safe enough neighborhood. Harlem isn't the "dangerous" place it once seemed to be. The hostel, however, isn't that great. Suggest you try the Hosteling International one.
March 05, 2009 02:09AM
Harlem is very safe this days, and 5th Avenue Spot is one of the best hostel I have been is clean safe and have a great staff..
April 01, 2009 07:46PM
harlem is just like any other neighborhood in nyc you have to keep eyes open no mater where u are.. Its a ok place but far up .. the hostel is ok.. compared to some dives on upper west side it is clean . laid back people for most part, are ok..
its not to big.. but they are pretty lending if you have a problem. some hostels are not to flex like that..
its a place to leave bags trAVLE AROUND CLOSE SUBWAY.. OTHER..
April 01, 2009 07:47PM
harlem is just like any other neighborhood in nyc you have to keep eyes open no mater where u are.. Its a ok place but far up .. the hostel is ok.. compared to some dives on upper west side it is clean . laid back people for most part, are ok..
its not to big.. but they are pretty lending if you have a problem. some hostels are not to flex like that..
its a place to leave bags trAVLE AROUND CLOSE SUBWAY.. OTHER..
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 6