Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Boxers bar and grill

Posted by Kelly 
Kelly
Boxers bar and grill
March 16, 2003 07:45AM
Hello everyone:
this is just a recommedation!
BOXERS, at 190 W. 4th St in the village is a good place to hang out, like for a late afternoon weekend drink. Good atmosphere for that type of thing, and good drink specials, but only if you sit at the bar. The food is OK, sort of pub-style food. Fish and chips could use some improvement, but the black bean soup is really good.
Re: Boxers bar and grill
June 02, 2004 02:49PM
hello, boxers at 190 w. 4th street in the village is a excellent bar, with its high ceilings and great view outside is a very nice touch.because most of the bars in the village are cramped,this bar on the otherhand is very spacious.the drink prices are fair and the burgers delicious. I would rate this bar 87 out of 100
June 02, 2004 02:49PM
hello, boxers at 190 w. 4th street in the village is a excellent bar, with its high ceilings and great view outside is a very nice touch.because most of the bars in the village are cramped,this bar on the otherhand is very spacious.the drink prices are fair and the burgers delicious. I would rate this bar 87 out of 100Kelly wrote:
>
> Hello everyone:
> this is just a recommedation!
> BOXERS, at 190 W. 4th St in the village is a good place to
> hang out, like for a late afternoon weekend drink. Good
> atmosphere for that type of thing, and good drink specials,
> but only if you sit at the bar. The food is OK, sort of
> pub-style food. Fish and chips could use some improvement,
> but the black bean soup is really good.
January 03, 2007 08:40PM
Um, Boxer's isn't that great. It's ok for a mixed drink and some pub food (both sort of overpriced, but it is the Village), but it's not THAT interesting or THAT good. There are plenty of better ones in the area.
February 01, 2010 09:40AM
Hi Jane - sounds like u could be a handy person for a few tips .. my wife (Japanese) and I (Scottish) are coming to NYC for the 1st time.
We are currently trying to choose/find a hotel in the Lowew East Side/Soho Greenwich area and we will need tips on bars/restaurants/shops - My wife is a Fashion Designer (McQueen/Comme des Garcons) and i am a musician type. - We like nice food as in good Thai/Korean/Japanese/American? We like Belgian and German Beers and good wine. We like Belgian bars and i'd love to discover some cool New York hang-outs for music/fashion people like us ... we are not coming to go to Bloomingdales or any high level fashion shops - we can get that in London if we needed it (we don't). Our style is more London/Tokyo 60's/70's with a smattering of up to date. -any advice would be great!
July 31, 2011 08:28PM
What was the name of this bar Olivers- perviously Boxers- back in 1985? I used to hang out there back in the day and I can't remember and it's driving me nuts!
September 25, 2011 07:18PM
Back in the day this place was Jimmy Days
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 10